As with the cost, the time that it will take to build your website varies depending on a number of factors including:
- How much content you already have, and how much we need to help you create
- Whether you need an information system such as a catalogue, shopping cart, photo gallery etc.
In fact, as our pricing is based on the amount of time that a project will take, there is generally a very close relationship between how expensive a project is and how long it takes to complete. However, there is an exception to this general principle.
You will personally be an integral part of your own website project, and as such you are a variable that we don't have any control over. There may be occasions when your own time constraints will impact directly on the length of your project. Of course we will be doing most of the work (that's what you'll be paying us for) but there are times when we will need your input. For example:
- For the analysis of your goals for the website
- During content Analysis & Creation
- For approval and feedback on layout & graphical designs
- For final approval of the site
It is important to bear this in mind when considering how long a project can take. However, as a basic guide website projects should be able to be completed within about 6-8 working weeks, after the project has commenced. If you need a website faster than that for whatever reason, we will be happy to discuss options with you for fulfilling your requirements (eg. a phased development).
Get an estimate
If you'd like to get an idea of how long it would take to build your website, based on your individual requirements then make an enquiry now and get a custom estimate for free.